Sunday, April 4, 2010

Final Draft 2 (Listen with headphones please)



Here my second draft after trying out a number of sounds that didn't fit in with my piece. its simpler than i had planned it to be. I am aware that the sound levels are low right now but i am waiting to finish the piece before normalizing as it doing so before finishing it has messed up my file a few times.

8 comments:

  1. I really really like the concept behind this!! I think the writing is wonderful and I love the "cosmic" sounds that you are using. I do think there are some parts where your voice is muffled and don't catch what u are saying, but other then that I think this ia a great draft and your well on your way to a great final.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy listening to this piece. It's kinda different. I really liked the whole idea of the piece. Great visuals (scarf, color of bangles,etc..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminded me a lot of Laurie Anderson's work that we heard at the beginning of the semester. I think this is a really beautiful story and I love where you're going. I look forward to hearing the next revision (and the normalized sounds).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that the addition of the sound was really interesting. I do like the idea behind the story but you could try out different pacing in the way you speak. Just an idea to see what it that effect that might have. Other than that I can't wait to see where this ends up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy the pacing as it is, but I'd also be interested to hear different versions of the same story. The sound in the background is great. It isn't overpowering. It's more of an accent than anything. It doesn't tell you what to think—it's just there for texture. Nice job with that.

    It's simpler than you planned? Wow. I'm looking forward to hearing the final version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh whoa. I love the ending. Very, very much. I wasn't sure what the heck was going on until the end, and I thoroughly enjoy that. And while I love the layering at the beginning and would be fine with it at the end as well....I think in the middle it should just be narration. Otherwise it gets jumbled and a little too much. But I think the current sound effect is good and that others would be nice (though used sparingly..) Great job though! And nice experimentation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the layers of your voice in the beginning. It sounds so interesting and really draws me into the story immediately. The choice of sound in the background is very effective in terms of making the story mysterious. I also like how you address the listeners and say 'Look! Her red scarf...!' It's very descriptive. Good work, Saudamini!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely writing for the ear Saudamini. I too am looking forward to hearing the final version.

    -stephanie

    ReplyDelete